Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Everyone's gotta have an intro post...

I've never been one to forsake my paper journal. As I sit here on my porch on this very ridiculously hot Florida morning, watching turtles spin lazily in the lake and a funny looking bird flaring its wings out to catch some sun (although in my head, he's obviously just doing it for my own amusement), I'm stealing sad and somewhat guilty glances at my trusty writing companion sitting on the arm chair next to me.

If I'm being honest, this blog was born thanks to a very long series of brain farts (who knew they could last for months?). If you know me, you know that journaling is a huge part of my life. From the pretty cover (usually designed by me, 'cause I'm picky), to the perfect spacing of the lines on the pages (better be college ruled or smaller, or it's a no-go), to the way it feels in my purse, I am in love with my journal. I record anything and everything in it that I want to remember. And most importantly, it's a place to jot down and expound on revelation that God speaks to me. 

As my wedding day approached this past March, I found it more and more difficult to write, let alone find the time to do so. And now that I've been married about two and a half months, my faithful friend remains mostly unwritten in since Autumn. No matter how many different nooks I find to set the right mood of inspiration, or how many times I try changing the color of my pen (and I do have a lot of fun colors, because naturally, journal lover = pen lover), or if I try music on versus no music on, daylight versus lamplight...Nothing. Comes. Out. 

Call it writer's block if you want; I call it "God-inflicted Brain Farts." 

Now that I've given up my frustration and surrendered to the fact that the grace has lifted for my personal paper journal (at least for this season), I come face-to-face with what I believe is God's purpose for these mental roadblocks: and that is it's time to publicly share what He shows me. 

I've only written a few Facebook notes over the few years I've had one, but I've gotten positive feedback and people have asked me to keep posting. Rather than blowing up everyone's Facebook, a blog is born!


So, I officially welcome you to the Revelation Station, where frequent stops are made for some good juicy goodness from Heaven, courtesy of the coolest Man in the Universe. (Jesus, of course!) If you choose to read, I do hope you enjoy. Discussion is always encouraged, so feel free to put in your two cents. :)


Happy reading!

<3 Hali


4 comments: